Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Life in Paris

Its been raining the last few days and Judy and I now have a running joke that when we attempt to walk home it invariably rains. Only one night did we take the metro home.  Yesterday, it rained cats and dogs though it gave me time to sit at a corner bistro and drink a double espresso, eat some cheese while people watching.  My goal is to explore the city and get lost.  So far I've found my way home but stay tuned as tomorrow and Friday should get interesting. 

The painters are here finishing up the Faraday living room and we will be serving the team coffee and Tart Tartin (upside down apple tart) made by Tart, (aka Ekkehard), as a fete accomplis'.  We ran into the painters on our way from the Grenelle studio to Faraday as they were finishing eating lunch.  They seemed excited to see us and asked us to join them for coffee.  Given the nighborhood, Judy didn't think it appropriate to have coffee with the hired help!  The painters and Tarte Tartin below:



I'm planning to visit Lynn Shaw's establishment tomorrow at 5:00 and then she will join Judy, Ekkehard and myself for dinner at Grenelle.  Both Judy and Ekkehard are working so I'll be visiting Le Musee Gourmand Du Chocolat.  I feel compelled to read the book, "Like Water for Chocolate."

As I was writing this blog, I heard what I thought was Ekkehard mixing some funky concoction for Mak only to find him sharpening a paring knife on the back of a porcelain plate.  Have you ever seen or heard of anyone sharpening knives on the back of a porcelain plate?  Ekkehard assures me it must be the right kind of plate; no rough or cracked edges only smooth and unfettered surfaces.  I asked if this was an old family secret and Jude chimes in with his secret, only.  Learn something new everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment