Friday, June 24, 2011

Oui, Paris: Until Next Time...Au Revoir

The night before I left for the U.S., Judy and Ekkehard hosted a great party and invited Lynn, Howie, Johannes and his girlfriend Barbara.  We drank wine, ate bread and cheese and talked about all the great adventures and happenings in Paris and U.S.  Johannes and Barbara arrived later in the evening from Vienna and it was great to see him and catch up as I had not seen him in over 15 years.  Lynn left early as she had class the next morning. 

Meanwhile, Mak was enjoying have Faraday back in order and all the company.  I noticed him playing with a feather in the hallway and thought it cute but didn't think much of it.  A second feather appeared which peaked Judy's curiosity.  It looked like Mak may have caught a bird.  I went out back only to find him on the window box with his head down.  I reached in to grab the nape of his neck but he ran back into the house.   Judy check the windowsill and there was no bird.  Judy thinks the feathers blew in or Mak found them on the windowsill.  I posed the following... In all the years you've lived here with Mak has there ever been a feather in the house?  I think there was a bird but he was able to fly away before meeting his maker...Mak!

Ekkehard and I awoke early to make coffee before our walk to the Air France bus at Port Maillot.  To my surprise, Johannes and Ekkehard both walked me to the bus stop and carried my luggage.  Two porters?  Did I feel special and grateful though I was trying hard not to cry.  I hugged Jude, started to cry and away the guys and I went to meet the bus.  The morning Paris air was cool, crisp and made the walk all the more delightful.  

The bus was packed so I had to sit on a metal bar surrounding the luggage.  What is it with me and luggage racks?  (I have another story about me, a train and a luggage rack).  As we circled through the city on our way to the airport, I reminisced about my time with Judy, Ekkehard, Mak, Lynn, Theresa, Jean-Luc, Susan, Rita, Mark and was delighted to see Johannes and meet his lovely girlfriend Barbara.  And, it was great to meet Howie as I had heard great things about him.
This trip was meaningful, fun and filled with extraordinary experiences with friends, colleagues and family.   Leaving is bittersweet as I love Paris, Judy Ekkehard, Jan and especially Mak.  As I close out this blog and say goodbye to Paris, I'm grateful for the experiences and opportunities and my Paris family.  You've enhanced and enriched my life in so many ways.  Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

Jusqu'à la prochaine fois...Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment